With tuition, every learner receives:
- Small class size, with a 1-10 teacher-student ratio
- Weekly community-based field trips
- Experts and Enthusiasts Seminars
- Challenging, Interest-based Education in all major subject areas, blended with wide range of expressive disciplines such as Film, Art, and Game-based Education
Furthermore, our school encourages sibling attendance with reduced tuition rates for additional siblings enrolled at Angeles Workshop School.
Phone: (562) 441-8802
LOCATION: 9713 Venice Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90034
In keeping with our philosophy, Angeles Workshop School seeks to create and sustain a community that echoes our city’s socio-economic diversity. We accomplish this in two ways:
1. We are committed to providing financial aid to families who otherwise could not afford an independent school education. To the extent that our budget permits, tuition reduction is available to families who are able to establish financial need through our application process.
Ceiling Tuition is $19,000 per year.
Base Tuition is $5000 per year.
Generally speaking, tuition price is calculated on a sliding scale starting at about 10% of a family's gross yearly income.
2. Our maximum tuition is approximately half of what most local private schools ask.
Angeles Workshop School is now accepting applications for students grades 6-12.
Contact us for more information.
Dear Applicant Family,
Thank you for your interest in Angeles Workshop School.
We want to make this process as effortless as possible. We are primarily interested in learning about your educational interests as a family and the educational background of your child. The application allows us to understand how we can best serve your family. Please complete the items below and do not hesitate to contact us with any queries.
ADMISSION CHECKLIST FOR ANGELES WORKSHOP SCHOOL
Submit completed Application for Admission
Attach recent photograph of the applicant.
Attach completed Student Essay and Questions Form. (This section is to be written by the student, in his/her own words)
Attach application fee of $50.00
Submit two teacher /mentor recommendations: people who have taught the student over the past three years. If your child has been homeschooled, a parent recommendation, as well as one from an outside mentor is valid.
Sign the request of transcript form and submit it to your child’s current school.
Submit all materials to Angeles Workshop. We want to get to know you and will be inviting you to come in with your child for an in-person meeting.
Please contact us with any questions.
Ndindi Kitonga, Ph.D and Scott Stubbe
Founders, Angeles Workshop and The Angeles Workshop School